So class on Monday was more or lees confusing and annoying. I was in one of the bottom groups and for the first half hour we just sat in the dark basement waiting to be contacted. My group and another group were tired of waiting so we sought out our middle level adviser. When we eventually found her she was waiting for the level above her to give her information so we left without learning anything.
When we eventually got the information we needed which was about 20 mins before the end of class we felt rushed frustrated and confused and when we finally finished with ten minutes left the top level had all the slogans they needed and were on there way to meet with the other group (I don't remember their name but they were the ones in charge of giving out the goat bucks). I was a little agitated but my one member in my team was furious so he decided take the several slogans we had made and decided to bypass the upper levels and sell to the other group directly.
We sold our slogans at a cheaper price than the top level slogans and mad out with seven bucks total we split it up as evenly as we could with our middle level supervisor then we left. I ended making two goat bucks and i hope everyone in the class got at least one, if you did not get one I will happily give you one.
I felt so bad for the bottom group! I was in the group that bought the slogans (NMBL) and we were concerned about the bottom group the whole time. We eventually took it upon ourselves to send two NMBL members down to the basement to address your group ourselves since you were forced to wait for the middle group sent by the top group. That must have been really frustrating and I feel for you. Also, that is really nice of you to offer your Goate Bucks to less fortunate classmates!
ReplyDeleteI wonder if Dr. Goates knew the asignment wasn't going to work as planned. I wonder if he knew one or more of the bottom groups would smarten up and go directly to the group who was buying the slogans? I wish I would have thought to do that. Maybe I would have made more than 1 Goate buck.
ReplyDeleteI think that I had the most motivated bottom group. You guys took it upon yourselves to make some moves when things were not moving. I admire this because essentially this exercise was teaching us that we will experience all kinds of situations in the business world. I also think that in most instances you must start from the bottom and move your way up. In this exercise we had to wait for all of the upper levels to relay information down to the lower levels which become frustrating but eventually placed a time constraint on all parties. Taking this upon yourselves and going directly to the source was really the only option the bottom group was left with and I admire you for it.
ReplyDeleteFirst I think that it is very noble of you to offer your goate bucks to people who did not get any. However I feel as though no one will be getting any points or we will all get 1. I think that they were just an incentive to make the experiment a little more interesting. I was a member of the top group and were trying to make everyone happy which ended in a mess. We tried our best but I do not fault you too much for taking things into your own hands and trying to make some money for yourselves.
ReplyDelete