His theory is a good start to trying to figure out what motivates people but as we discussed in class this theory doesn't apply to everyone and there are very large exceptions to his theory like the parents giving all of their food to their kids instead of eating themselves. According to his theory eating is a primal need and must be satisfied, but the parents choose to ignore this and satisfy their loving and belonging needs. This one example goes against everything in his theory.
I think it is part of a parent's natural instinct to provide for their children over satisfying their own needs. That probably wouldn't even be a question to most parents; they would just do it without thinking.
ReplyDeleteYeah I agree with what Maggi has to say. Plus feeding one's children satisfies the "loving/belinging" group of the hierarchy. I do agree with you Kevin though when you say that parents would feed their children over themselves.
ReplyDelete