Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Can You Handle Failure?

I read the article and found it interesting for the most part but there were a few times where it seemed to drag out an explanation for something. The article was very informative on the ways people tend to handle failure and how to handle it the right way in the future. I like how this article met with a similar conclusion with the "Personality Plus" article. They both agreed that a person may have one response for one situation but the person may have a completely different response to another yet similar situation to the first one. I am glad that both authors realize that a test that labels someone's personality as this type or that type is flawed and can change depending on the situations.


After I finished reading the article I looked back on pass failures. I seem to fall into the categories, RESERVED: “INDIFFERENT DAYDREAMER” -Ignores potentially helpful feedback and Seems not to care about failure or blame and DUTIFUL: “MARTYR”-Accepts more blame than he/she deserves in order to preserve work relationships, blames himself/herself so harshly that others typically refrain from criticizing him/her. By looking at these two types, it looks like I cannot accept criticism from other people when I fail. 


That is me categorizing myself. Now to a another person, I could be considered to handle failure in a different way.

No comments:

Post a Comment